Sir_Balinor's Whitelist Application

Voltage

So, adventurer, what is your name? Sir_Balinor

Do you have any travel companions you'd like to bring along, friend? (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Hm, how old are you, friend? I, er, need it for the form here. 22

How did you find out about this voyage, anyhow? Jackdc4

Alright, we have some rules set about for the voyage ahead. To make sure you understand them, please recite them to me. We don't want any funny business, after all! Roleplay is essentially the act of assuming a, in this case, fictional character's life in order to interact with others in a setting. You act as they act, know only what they would, and do only what they potentially could.

Powergaming is the act of using mechanics of the medium in which you roleplay in order to achieve an advantage of some type. Powergaming can also be the act of forcing another's character's outcome in something with /your/ actions, such as "X swiftly struck at Y's neck, slicing his jugular and killing him instantly."

Metagaming is the use of OOC knowledge in an IC setting. If you were to read about a rare creature's weakness (assuming such a thing was not typically general knowledge) via the forums, and then portray your character in game knowing this- Or even acting upon it without proper reason, this would be metagaming.

Now that we've gone over the rules of the vessel, are there any that stick out to you? General Guidelines, Bullet 3: Abuse of Rules.

It is always important to have clear and established rules- As this server clearly endeavors to. But no matter what the situation is, someone will find a way to skirt them. This is something that everyone ought to understand; And ensuring that it is clearly stated that, while these are the best attempt at covering everything, individuals which attempt to take advantage of the fact that the rules can't be entirely comprehensive will still be punished and that no one is going to be able to use these rules to harass someone in a way they weren't intended for is very important and stands out to me!

Out of curiosity, what is your ancestry? Half-Elves. I love that they live such complicated lives. To humans they are seen as more akin to elves, and to elves they are seen as more akin to humans. No matter to whom they turn they are always seen as an outsider- Someone who simply just shouldn't be. I feel like this provides ample opportunity for one to look retrospectively into their own character and discover their true belonging.

What is it that interests you, friend? A large part of what I enjoy about the lore thus far is the general complexity of it. The various tiers (Poor - Unique) when it comes to Flora, Fauna, and Materials to clearly make each distinct are extremely useful! Though to give a more direct answer, I suppose the pantheons- Specifically the White Pantheon. Clearly tons of effort went into making each one unique, and I'm excited to see how the faiths interact ingame.

Would you mind regaling me with a tale while we wait for the workers to take care of this form? You are lost in a forest, a vast and chilling breeze washes over you. However, out of the corner of your eyes you spot a flickering of light. You are faced with a decision to either travel towards the direction of the light, or turn away. Should you decide to go towards the light a gathered group of bandits plotting by torchlight would be seen. What do you do?

Put in an answer as though you are roleplaying. Be sure to include emotes and dialogue if applicable! This section needs to be at least a paragraph in length. Be sure to answer questions like, "Who, what, when, where, why, and how?" You may want to reference the lore as well. *John stood frozen as he tripped into the clearing. He stood quickly dusting some of the caked mud from his tunic and casting a quick glance to each of the men before him, quickly realizing them to, indeed, be bandits.* "H-Hail, good folk." *John's words at first seemed unsure, and nervous, but would quickly fade into a façade of feigned confidence* "I've been separated from my liege lord. We, twenty, are here in Ānsū in search of the the carapaces of the local fauna." *John knew it was a poor lie, one clearly conjured amidst fear- [What an idiot... Who so blatantly brings up the number of their hunting party?] He'd quickly raise a mock hand to his ear, though no sound of any type hand rung off.* "Ah, I heard them, just there. Excuse me!" *With absolutely no notice John would break into a full sprint. None such party was with him- He had entered the the Weeping Forest alone. He knew his only chance to be losing them amidst the cliffs and thick trees...*

3Euphoria3

Staff member
Whitelist Team
Pending.png
Hey Traveler! Don't think we've forgotten about you, currently Inkwells whitelists are on pause. But don't worry! We're working on getting everything up and running so the server can be the best it can be for you! Please reply down below with your discord and we'll have one of our whitelist team contact you once your application is processed!

Thank you for your patience! -
Inkwell Staff