Palastartes's Whitelist Application

Palastartes

So, adventurer, what is your name? Palastartes

Do you have any travel companions you'd like to bring along, friend? No friends

Hm, how old are you, friend? I, er, need it for the form here. 18

How did you find out about this voyage, anyhow? Samwych!

Alright, we have some rules set about for the voyage ahead. To make sure you understand them, please recite them to me. We don't want any funny business, after all! Roleplay is a collective experience, as if you're writing a story with other people! Utilizing a wide variety of different elements, narratives, and plot points, its all about working together to make a fun little story out of a writing hobby B)
Powergaming is the act of forcing your actions onto someone else without permission, such as rping out their response for them, or not giving someone else a chance or capability to respond to what you are doing. Additionally, it can be acts of godmodding or unrealistic roleplay- such as claiming your powers come from a divine (Y'know, other than godmarks and stuff) or, for example, rping as an old man and then leaping over tall buildings in a single jump.
Lastly, Metagaming is the act of using outside-of-character information to make decisions on your characters actions! This can be using weaknesses your character should have no right to know about inrp, such as building issues or other character weaknesses or the like, or using ooc resources to do things that once again, your character should have no way of knowing.

Now that we've gone over the rules of the vessel, are there any that stick out to you? I think out of all the rules, the items and abilities rules, or whatever you'd call them exactly, entice me the most. A veteran of super authoritarian servers, its really nice to see some basics rules, but not a whole restrictive list of what you can only do, with no exceptions so sayeth god-admin of the server. While rules are always good, a lot of servers lack the ability to give you full creativity, over fear that the rules will be manipulated and abused from the get-go. Seeing thats not the case here is great!

Out of curiosity, what is your ancestry? I think out of all the races I'm probably gonna give autumn elf a shot first. Call me a doomer or gloomy or whatever, but I like the little story and design that the Autumn elves seem to give off- this connection to death and decay, in a way that can either seem spooky and scary, or almost natural, like the normal lifecycle of the world!

What is it that interests you, friend? Honestly, a lot of the lore is really cool, and reading over it has been a fun experience. However, to pick out one specific thing, I think Teric is a really cool form of magic. Though I haven't seen it in action or know exactly what it does yet, having an actual language of magic, which can be manipulated and changed depending on the combinations and designs of the one using it seems like a really interesting and branchable lore device!

Would you mind regaling me with a tale while we wait for the workers to take care of this form? You enter a tavern where you see a large Tang-Nijoni man arm-wrestling a large raven haired human female. You hear the cries of two Smallfolke barking out to the crowd '10 glimmers to challenge the Tang-Nijoni...100 glimmers if you win.' Choose your actions carefully, traveler…

Put in an answer as though you are roleplaying. Be sure to include emotes and dialogue if applicable! This section needs to be at least a paragraph in length. Be sure to answer questions like, "Who, what, when, where, why, and how?" You may want to reference the lore as well. Although not fond of gambling, an opportunity for someone to make money was always an opportunity for the elf to learn. Perhaps a bit of a. . .contained study, he'd take a seat nearby the matches, and began intentionally tuning out the smallfolk. Immediately fetching the quill, cheap ink, and journal which had accompanied him, he'd begin data-collection- after all, why not learn what races could beat a Nijoni in a simple test of strength? It was good for his research!

3Euphoria3

Staff member
Whitelist Team
Pending.png

Hey Traveler! Don't think we've forgotten about you, currently Inkwells whitelists are on pause. But don't worry! We're working on getting everything up and running so the server can be the best it can be for you! Please reply down below with your discord and we'll have one of our whitelist team contact you once your application is processed!

Thank you for your patience! -
Inkwell Staff

Palastartes

View attachment 207

Hey Traveler! Don't think we've forgotten about you, currently Inkwells whitelists are on pause. But don't worry! We're working on getting everything up and running so the server can be the best it can be for you! Please reply down below with your discord and we'll have one of our whitelist team contact you once your application is processed!

Thank you for your patience! -
Inkwell Staff
║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║#6409